Sunday, May 31, 2009
And here is a sample of Cheryl's work......
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Alex and Melissa
Saturday, May 30, 2009
And here is a sample of Chris' work......
Thanks for dropping by!
Alex and Melissa
Friday, May 29, 2009
My name is Michele Kovack. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for the last 16 years. I currently teach 5th grade and love it! I have two beautiful children, Cortney (14) & Kyle (12). They inspire me everyday! I also have a cutie pie Bischon/Poodle mix named Skippers. We rescued him from the shelter last summer and couldn't be happier that he is a part of our family.
I started scrapbooking about 14 years ago, shortly after my daughter's birth. We had been informed that she was visually, mentally and physically impaired. It was a lot to deal with, especially since it was our first child. I think scrapbooking became a creative outlet for me. It became a chance to express myself, whether it be grief or joy. It also made me treasure all of her milestones and accomplisments, and to focus on the positive! My son was born two years later, and he was such a character that I scrapbooked all the silly things he did! From scrapbooking, came the cardmaking/stamping end of it! I had so many supplies that it seemed ridiculous to buy a card from Hallmark. So my obsession with homemade cards began! I love making altered projects too now! I can't seem to throw anything away these days. I hoard it all, in hopes that someday I can "alter" it! : )
I am excited to be on this talented DT and can't wait for all the fun challenges ahead!
And here is a sample of Michele's work.....
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Hi, my name is Kathleen Hopperstad and I'm addicted to paper crafting! LOL! Besides paper crafting I am a wife to Douglas Hopperstad. We just celebrated 19 years of marriage in May. We have 3 beautiful children, Rebecca-15, Nicholas-11, and Sam-9. I have a degree in hotel/restaurant management and worked in restaurants for many years. Then I went to work as a manager in an office.
When my middle child was born I had the opportunity to stay home with my children and I have loved it! Throughout my marriage I have been involved in something creative. I used to make fabric folk dolls, ornaments, and cut and painted wood shapes. I would pedal my wares at craft shows. I used to paint shapes and stuff doll bodies in my living room, at McDonald's playland while watching my kids, and wherever I went. Now I pretty much stick to paper crafts. My husband has been very supportive of my varied hobbies and just accepts everything that comes along with it. He even built me a beautiful craft room!
Here is a sample of Kathleen's work....
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Cheryl Kelly-Van Domelen
All of their blogs are linked in the sidebar so please take the time to check out how creative these women are! We are thrilled to death that these talented ladies are on our team and just know that you are going to love everything that they create! So, now a little bit of detail for the upcoming challenges! Our first challenge will post on the 6th of June and will run for two weeks. We will have a fabulous sponsor that we will announce when we post the challenge! They have graciously agreed to provide a wonderful prize for the lucky winner of our challenge so you don't want to miss out!! And now, we would like to announce the winners of our blog candy. For the blog candy posted on Alex's blog, random.org chose number #28 which is Tanya! Congratulations Tanya!! If you can please send us your addy, we will make sure your goodies get mailed to you right away! And, for the blog candy posted on Melissa's blog, random.org
chose #9 which is Raindropecho! If you could also send us your addy, we will mail out YOUR goodies as well!! Congratulations ladies, we hope you enjoy your new stuff and will use some of it to create something for the first challenge! And, check back before the first official challenge as we have something fun up our sleeve to get you all warmed up and ready to go! Make sure you sign up as a follower if you have not done so, you don't want to miss out!
Friday, May 1, 2009
STAMP AND SCRAP SATURDAY DESIGN TEAM CALL
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
(1) Each DT applicant MUST have an active blog and make regular posts
(2) Submit five projects with the following themes:
- One 12x12 layout about yourself (this will help us get to know you better!)
- Project with Vacation theme
- Project with Summer theme
- Project with Special Moments theme
- Project with a Monochromatic theme
You can do any type of project you want, but keep in mind that each of the five submissions MUST clearly have both scrapbooking and stamping incorporated into it. Those that do not will not be considered. Be creative - show us what you've got!!!!
(3) Any prior DT experience and current DT experience should be included in submission
(4) Full name, geographic location, blog address, and any galleries where you upload your work
(5) A paragraph explaining why you want to be a part of the Scrap and Stamp Design Team
***All DT submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received by Melissa and Alex no later than midnight, 15 May 2009. Those chosen will be notified no later than Saturday, 23 May. The first challenge will be held on 6 June, with all DT projects due in by midnight PST on the 4th.***
RESPONSIBILITIES IF SELECTED:
(1) Have submitted projects to us by Thursday at midnight PST prior to the challenge Saturday
(2) Arrange ahead of time if you have something scheduled that will prohibit you from participating in a given challenge. We know life happens! However, if you fail to notify us and miss two postings, you will be dropped from the team as it would be unfair to the rest of the team who IS participating
(3) Have your project and write-up for the challenge uploaded and posted on your blog by 10am EST. Your post should include links to the site as well as to your fellow DT members
(4) List the DT team on your blog on your sidebar and display the DT site blinkie
(1) You will receive a DT site blinkie to display on your blog
(2) The site will clearly display your name and a link to your blog
(3) The chance to share your creativity with others
(4) Meet new people and share ideas
(5) No compensation at this time except what our sponsors provide in the way of advertising their product. Any such provision will be mailed to the DT member well in advance of that challenge week.
We are very excited about this new endeavor and really hope that everyone who is interested will apply!!! We want a diverse team of talent, and we know you are out there!!!!