The Rules...

We love to see all of your beautiful creations but to be in for the prize drawing it must be a scrapbook layout or mini album. After all that is what we are about here. We all love to stamp on our cards but sometimes we forget to use them on our layouts and other projects. They are cheap embellishments and plentiful after all. You are welcome to combine our challenge with others. Happy Crafting!



Thursday, November 19, 2009

Meet the new DT members....

It is time for the announcement everyone has been waiting for!

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who applied to be on the design team. I so wish that I could have chosen each and everyone of you. I really hope that you will apply again the next go around. This was truly a tough decision to narrow the pool down to just six. After several days of blog hopping and hopping again it was finally time to decide. I am honored to introduce you to the new members of the Scrap and Stamp team. We are completely thrilled to have them with us. You all are in for a treat with their beautiful work!

They will be joining the existing team of

Here is a little intro from each of them. You can click on their names to go directly to their blogs!


Hollie Smallwood


Hey everyone! My name is Hollie and I am from Kentucky.
I am 26 years old, been married for almost 2 years. No kids, two nieces, two
nephews, two dogs, one husband.... that's enough for me! LOL
Right now I am working at a bank and taking some college courses. I hope to be
an Elementary teacher one day, like my mother was.
I have been scrapping for about 7 or 8 years(?) My scrappin' style is very clean
and simple. I like bold colors and bold patterns. I don't overcrowd my pages
with embellies, I like the pictures and the papers to be the main focus.
And I am thrilled to be a part of this team! I look forward to working with all
these talented ladies and I hope to inspire and to be inspired.





I am a 25-year-old stay at home mom to my 3 year old son, Travis I have been married for 5 years to my husband Michael. We live in Murray, KY and love it here! My husband served in Iraq in 2007 and was finally able to get out of the Marines in December 2007. After the first few years of our marriage being separated during so many deployments, we were finally able to be a complete family: living, sleeping, eating and occasionally fighting together. Which brings me to my favorite thing to do to get away from the madness! My craft room! I have been scrapbooking for about 10 years now. I absolutely love the sense of accomplishment it brings to my life. I bought a Cricut E in Feb 09 and I have recently taken up making cards and other odds and ends craft projects. I think this has caused me to develop crafting ADD. I can't seem to stick to one type of project. I have so many going at one time. I enjoy crafting, scrapbooking, card making, creating SVG files for SCAL and digital stamping!



Cariena Basson
(in the middle)




My name is Cariena Basson, and I am from Jeffreys Bay, South Africa. I am 37 years old, married to a great husband, and I have 3 four pawed, barking kids!! I started scrapbooking July 2007 after I realised I needed a hobby - I was just working all the time. Little did I know that I was opening the door for an OBSESSION!! I do mixed media. altered art, collage, cardmaking and of course Scrapbooking! I am addicted to stamping - I buy stamps just to look at them - I REALLY love stamping. Any stamps. Arty, cute, old, new, woodmounted, unmounted, clear , foam, I LOVE THEM!! In real life I am a financial advisor - I do alot of Health Insurance. I am a Type 1 diabetic and have been for 20 years, so health insurance is very important to me. I live on a farm and I love it. I don't have favourite companies - I love them all!! BUT, I do think Ranger's products are super!!! I am very excited to be on this design team - I love all the ladies' work and can't wait to learn alot from them!!





I work out of the house running my On Line Stamping Store www.StampandCreate.com . I am married to a wonderful, funny man and I have 2 beautiful children; my 7 year old daughter Ansley and my 5 year old son Ryan. We live in Sunny (and usually hot) South Florida.
I enjoy scrapbooking as well as card marking. I love anything "cute" and mostly outline images that can be watercolored. I also love participating in challenges.
I have been stamping for almost 3 years. My hobby became my obsession. So my obsession because my business. I now own an on line store called Stamp and Create and co-own Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps with Nikki Fairbairn. Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps are designed after mine and Nikki's children and our furry pets.





I have been scrapbooking for almost 5 years now. Only recently did I have time to pursue this hobby further. To me, scrapbooking is the culmination of all the different types of crafts that I love. I find that over the years, my style has changed and evolved with the different types of materials available in the market. I’m more into layering and cutting compared to colour blocking in the past.

I teach SB in schools around Singapore as well as our LSS, Laines Papeterie, and am also a DT member for our local SB forum, Groovie Cover Girls.

I also volunteer at several institutions for children, like the Pathlight school for autistic children, Rainbow Children’s Home for the less privileged children.

I love to try and experiment different things when scrapbooking. I especially love doing altered art and using non scrapbooking materials such as bird cages, fabric, pearls, even candle holders are fair play for me!

Besides scrapbooking, I bake cakes and make my own bags too!

Thank You!


Isolde Pyncket


Hi here,
I'm one of the new members of the DT here.
Let's see, what can I tell about myself. Always difficult, isn't it :-)?

Well, my name is Isolde Pyncket. I'm a 30 year old who lives in Ieper. That's a nice, historical town in the West part of Belgium.
I'm together with my boyfriend Eric for almost 6 years now.
I work as a teacher in a primary school. I teach grade 3 and 4 (kids are 8 - 9 years old). I love teaching them. It's great to see how they learn new stuff and it's even better to see how they enjoy learning new things.

In June 2006, I was looking in the library for a book about crafts. Suddenly I found a little book with the title 'Creative with Photos'. I took it with me and while I was looking through it, I felt the urge to try it too. A week later, I found a shop not to far from my home and bought lots of stuff. Since that moment, I'm totally addicted to scrapbooking. My favourite brands are Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon, American crafts, ... Everything with lots of colour.

If any of you have a question for me, don't hesitate to ask. I have my own blog too. It would be great to see you there too. http://sollie79.blogspot.com/




Please take a moment to give them all a warm welcome. We are so excited they are a part of the team here at Scrap and Stamp. I am sure they will WOW you with their scrapbooking, I know they did me!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to each and everyone of you!!! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great line up! I love it! Thanks for posting about us! Nice to put faces to names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so excited about this! Awesome to be working with such a group of talented (and gorgeous!!) ladies! :)

    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete