The Rules...

We love to see all of your beautiful creations but to be in for the prize drawing it must be a scrapbook layout or mini album. After all that is what we are about here. We all love to stamp on our cards but sometimes we forget to use them on our layouts and other projects. They are cheap embellishments and plentiful after all. You are welcome to combine our challenge with others. Happy Crafting!



Saturday, April 24, 2010

The newest team members!

If you are looking for the newest challenge check HERE please!
Thank you everyone for being so patient with us. This is truly the hardest part! It is so hard to choose just a few out of all the fabulously talented people that apply for the team. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for trying out! I truly wish that I could have picked everyone! I do hope that all of you will apply again for the next term.  There is so much talent out there! 


Now I would like to introduce you to our newest team members! They all have a style of their own so I know you will all be dazzled by them too! Please give a warm welcome to the six newest DT members.









They will be joining the current design team members






Regina Jones

Here is a little bit about each of them.

Jowilna Nolte



Jowilna started her paper journey officially in about 2000 as a shop assistant in a specialty paper store in Sandton, Johannesburg. Whilst she has been playing with paper and creating her own masterpieces at home for friends and family since the age of 10, the shop environment added the vast knowledge of handmade and imported paper as well as the common commercial types of paper. She also started teaching card making, stamping and altered art in store at the time.


Traveling abroad to trade shows like Paperworld in Frankfurt, Germany and CHA in America gave her an even broader insight into paper and its many uses. This prompted a keen interest in stamping, especially in the craft industry where scrapbooking seems to be her favourite. She gained a lot of knowledge of the industry and was fortunate enough to spend time with the owners of Ranger Industries at their premises making the journey even more significant.

She has since gone on to be editor of two scrapbooking and craft magazines as well as being a contributing editor to several other craft magazines. She has realized her dream of working in publishing while sharing her passion and knowledge of stamping, card making and scrapbooking. Her work has been published extensively in local magazines and on the internet as well as in international publications such as Somerset Studios, Take Ten magazine, and Catch Up Issues. Her love for publishing and sharing ideas, tips and techniques shifted her onto another career path and saw the publication of her first book in 2008. She is currently working on a second book due for release in late 2010 with many more in the planning stage.

Scrapbooking has been a natural extension of her love for card making and stamping that also accommodates her love and passion for photography. She currently teaches regular classes and hosts workshops around the country that mainly focuses on different techniques and stamping, and how to incorporate them into your scrapbooking and card making. She also keeps herself occupied by writing online articles for Scrapcouture. Her motto seems to be really simple – Don’t sweat the small stuff when it comes to crafting. It has to be quick, easy and fun!

Desiree Havenga
My name is Desiree Havenga (a real Afrikaans-pronounced surname). I live in Humansdorp (Eastern Cape), South Africa.


I am married to a farmer and have 3 daughters (16, 14, 8). I work half days and use the afternoon to drive them all over. When it's time for them to go to bed, it's my time to go to "MY table". I'm also a enthusiastic photographer. I love to "take" and "make" the photos.

I've been making cards for a long time, but only started scrapbooking about a year ago when a friend asked me to scrap her wedding album. Since then, I've become totally addicted.

Paola Bertella
Hallo, my name is Paola , I live in Italy and I'm a scrapper since 2002. In that period in Italy Scrapbooking was not well known, so I bought materials from the USA..... perhaps that's why I love the American Scrap style and I always follow the American market and websites!

I have worked in the Italian scrap world since 2004 when I became a teacher and designer ; I've also created a CD interactive tutorial in the Italian language (the first one!!) named "Corso base di scrapbooking", I have designed a complete line of paper and I have published some booklets and articles on Italian magazines.

I've been one of the teachers for the three editions of "Scrapbooking italian cruise".

I teach scrapbooking classes around Italy and you can see my classes catalog on my website http://www.scrapandbooking.it/

Beside scrapbooking, I have 2 daughters of 16 and 13 and a husband, I work in the Marketing Office of an Information Technology Company and my passions are photography and travels.
My pages tell about my family and my travels... I love paper and cardstock and my best embellishments are stamps and chipboards.

Patricia Folchert
First off let me say that I am an admitted scrapaholic. Combine that with the fact that I have been stamping for 20+ years and you can see why this site is a perfect fit for me. From my first real layout in 1998 scrap booking has been a growing passion of mine. It is my preferred creative outlet because it combines so many of my favorite things: family, photographs and no boundaries art. Scrap booking allows me to express myself artistically with no rules or limitations. Having always been artistically inclined I also like rubberstamping, card making and other altered art. I have enjoyed teaching local scrap booking and rubberstamping classes in the past and I am so excited to be doing that again currently.


After spending twenty years working outside of the home, as an administrator I am ecstatic to now be a stay at home mother. designing from home. I have been blessed with a husband that fully supports my creative endeavors, Scott, who offers constant love and support. I have also been blessed with two amazing children, my 15-year-old daughter- Aspen and my 16-month-old son- Gabriel. My life has been a roller-coaster ride to get to this point, with one shining theme of hope weaved throughout. God and family are my driving forces and they are my endless source of inspiration.

I am very excited to be a part of the Scrap & Stamp team and look forward to creating with you!
 
Edleen Abdul

Hi! My name is Edleen and I'm from Singapore.
I'm a Wife and Mother to 4 Beautiful children.
I had my first camera as a teenager and has loved photography since.
I enjoy scrapbooking especially documenting captured moments.
I'm a full time SAHM. Sometimes I teach at my LSS where I'm a Resident Designer and also at private events.
I enjoy scrapbook shopping (who doesn't?) and often find myself at the stamps section.
They're just so nice!!!
It's great to be part of the Team and hope you'll join us all in the upcoming challenges :)

Lisa Foust
I am a mother of a 3 year old who keeps me on my toes and who I take pictures of daily. My husband is in the Coast Guard and we recently moved from the Virgin Island to Alaska. We LOVE the cold weather in Alaska. I love being able to create layouts and cards daily. I started scrapbooking over 10 years ago when I made a 50th wedding anniversary album for my grandparents and haven't stopped. I love all the new products and definitely use stamping on my layouts almost every time I make one now. I'm excited to be on the team and can't wait to share layouts using stamping!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome, girls! Can't wait to see your creations
    xxx, Isolde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to All!

    looking forward to getting creative together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to have the chance to work with such a talented international team!

    ReplyDelete